Deeper Support For Residential, Commercial, Builder, Wellness, MDU, DIY
SEPTEMBER 11, 2019 – SAN JOSE, CA. –Qolsys, the leading provider of security and smarthome technology, announced today that the 2.4 software update has been released for the IQ Panel 2 Plus. The 2.4 software includes a host of new features and improvements resulting from customer feedback to serve key initiatives in Residential, Commercial, Builder, Wellness, MDU and DIY verticals.
“Every one of these features and enhancements represents the voice of the customer,” says Qolsys SVP of Sales and Marketing Mike Hackett. “As we invest in growing the security and smart home solution beyond traditional markets we continue to innovate, leveraging our hardware and software expertise to improve the user experience.”
2.4 features include:
- The IQ Panel now supports Z-Wave “SmartStart” for fast, easy device enrollment using the IQ Panel’s built-in camera. Installers and end users can now simply scan the QR codes on devices to easily pair SmartStart enabled devices.
- New “Automation Only” custom user interface for smart apartments and other high density communities
- New “Wellness” custom user interface for aging-in-place and other health related communities includes easy access to the emergency panic function and “Caregiver Check In” allowing the IQ Panel’s built in camera to capture photos of caregivers and medical professionals, sending captured images to family and other authorized users.
- The IQ Remote now supports “Live View,” streaming video from indoor and outdoor cameras and video doorbells to the secondary’s 7” touchscreen. The IQ Remote is also enhanced with the capability to record videos during alarm events using the Remote’s built-in camera.
- End users can now control the “Scenes” with a single touch from the IQ Panel’s 7” screen, configured on their Alarm.com mobile app. “Scenes” tie multiple commands together in a single action. For example, “Leaving Home” can lock doors, adjust thermostats, arm the security system and close the garage door.
- Improved Partitions adds simultaneous, multi-partition arming, global sound distribution for chimes and alarms, and the capability to enable Bluetooth Touchless Disarming by partition.
- Liftmaster Garage Door control settings are now accessible from the IQ Panel’s garage door control page.
- Leveraging the 5MP built-in Panel camera, the Panel Motion Detector includes new sensitivity settings and the ability to mask up to four (4) distinct areas to ignore when detecting pixel changes.
- Options to turn off the Security, Lock and Thermostat pages allow a broader range of customization for Commercial, MDU, Vacation Rentals, Model Home Applications and Wellness
- PowerG improvements and new devices, highlighted by “High-Traffic Shutdown” for commercial applications, support for additional devices including Outdoor Door/Window (PG9312), 360° Commercial Ceiling Mount PIR (PG9872) and Outdoor Curtain PIR (PG9902) and additional settings to support PowerG installation.
- Install Wizard improvements support for IQ Remote secondary keypad installation and Sensor diagnostics validating signal strength during the pairing process.
- Additional fixes and improvements.
The IQ Panel 2 Plus and a full line of security and home automation devices is available today from Authorized Qolsys distributors. Visit www.qolsys.com to learn more.
Qolsys is a Silicon Valley based security and smarthome manufacturer providing state of the art residential and commercial solutions to security and home automation dealers across North America. Its flagship product, the IQ Panel 2 Plus, is a 7” HD touchscreen tablet with built in 5 MP Camera, and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core System on a Chip with multiple radios packed into an ultra-thin form factor with interactive services powered by Alarm.com Dual SRF featuring PowerG allows for easy takeovers bridging the gap between legacy security protocols and the long range encrypted wireless technologies of the future. The IQ Panel features several industry firsts, including a 7-inch HD touchscreen with an intuitive graphical user interface, LTE & Wi-Fi Dual Path cloud connectivity for intelligent redundancy, reliability and speed, and built-in 5MP camera that allows the user to capture disarm photos, alarm videos, a peek in on demand from the Alarm.com mobile app. It also features Bluetooth Touchless Disarming, letting you pair up to 5 phones for hands free close proximity system deactivation, Live View, the ability to stream indoor and outdoor cameras to the HD Screen, and Live Answer allowing you to answer your Skybell Video Doorbell from the panel. Z-Wave Plus supports lifestyle devices such as lights, locks, thermostats, and garage openers, a built in Glass Break Detector, powerful system health diagnostics and over the air software updates. Commercial features include PowerG Wireless Sensor support, screen lock, disarm photos for employee verification and up to 4 partitions accessible from 7” Touchscreen secondary tablets. The IQ Panel 2 was named “Best Overall” by the TechHome Builder Show, received the “Innovation Award” in 2016 from ESX, was named as a Top 30 Award Winner by SSI in 2017 and earned the prestigious TechVision Challenge award, a form of "Best in Show" at the Electronic Security Expo (ESX). Qolsys IQ Panel platforms are tightly integrated with Alarm.com’s market-leading connected home services platform, supporting interactive security, video monitoring, energy management and home automation, resulting in increased conversion, end-user satisfaction, fewer dealer truck rolls, improved customer support and decreased total cost of ownership. Learn more at http://qolsys.com/.
Ken Arnold, Director of Communications, Qolsys – email@example.com, Ph: 855-476-5797